Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Another 1st June

Started feeling pensive from a few days earlier. Andy's birthday used to be a happening event every year. In a way Andy was my kid... giving him gifts and seeing him happy was such a pleasure. Difficult to accept that this 1st June I won't even be entitled to wish him.
Day went ok types...ordeal that office these days is. What with the new underpass construction near my place...traffic gets diverted and it results in a 15 min longer walk. So there I was...in the last lap of my walk...just one more turn to go...and home noisy home (due to the repulsive oriya/santhal neighbors who keep blabbering in a strange dialect and in terribly loud and non-musical voices - I hate them and wanna drop all six bullets from my non existent revolver into their head) - when I found a whitish doggy trying to cross the road. At the same time got the same multitude of emotions I usually get whenever I witness this event...be careful...is it really necessary?...please don't die...dear sweet doggy do please take care....I kept whispering all these stupid stuff to myself...and...OH MY GOD...doggy was crossing...rash driving Indica was approaching...I was looking from behind...doggy and Indica intersected...Indica didn't stop...doggy went inside it...I literally saw him going inside...and wanted to shut my eyes...NO NO NO...can't see a doggy dying on Andy's birthday...NO PLEASE NO...and then...a loud bark...doggy came out unscathed...from under the Indica...couple of more barks...and vanished in the road...abandoning his idea of crossing the road.

I was literally exhilerated. In my happiness I did two things. First went to the parlor to thread my eyebrows. Second, went home and played my keyboard. After such a long time...gave quite a competition to my neighbors in noise though... :D :D

No comments: