Saturday, April 4, 2015

One more gone...

"Jaundice" is no more. She died on a Good Friday, I guess. This morning I went downstairs and heard that she didn't come over for breakfast. Went looking for her, and came across her, as if sleeping peacefully, very much like her mother. Called her a number of times, tried to notice if she is breathing...and then gave up all hope.

She was growing up into a lovely young lady with natural kohl smudged eyes. At times I pictured her in a scarf and sunglasses, she'd look a perfect fashionista. They were growing up well, I was half expecting, all of them would live a full 10 years of healthy life.

I did promise I won't care as much for her puppies once Kutu died, but I couldn't keep my promise. My parents got involved, in fact the entire neighborhood was keen on saving the pups, we all loved them. Jaundice was my father's favorite. He gave her the name Jaundice, as she was the only tawny colored puppy...rest of them were black like their mother, and also because she didn't eat much in the initial days. Later, however, she developed a good appetite. She would nibble on biscuits from dad's hand, and then rub her face on his feet. 

We are all devastated. Her three brothers remain...their pampered sister was the first to go...

Rest in peace with your mother, sweetheart...

No comments: