Thursday, August 13, 2015

My high degree of madness!

My tab fuels my madness. No doubt about it. For a while painting seemed to have taken me over. Then there was reading -  that too as if there's no tomorrow. And what I would read would overwhelm me. I read Da Vinci Code ages back -  and had taken it as a novel. But this time as I read The Rozabal Lines, I couldn't help wondering - is it possible to change history through mere treachery? And now that I am reading India's Biggest Cover Up, it has really gotten me furiously thinking... you see Bengalis are probably born being fond of Netaji - I cannot even be as disinterested as I was with the previous case.

Amid all these there are the sudden bouts of madness thrown in. An ant (if not some other insect - didn't quite get to see the enemy when it attacked me) decided to bite on my eye late yesterday night. It got swollen up promptly. As is the case with ant bite, I knew that it would be cured by morning. But how could I not keep a record of my suffering? I promptly took a selfie. Tonight I had this irrepressible urge of doing a Roddur Ray act (strong disclaimer: he's NO relative of mine, MIND IT). Had to shoot this video and started laughing midway... then thought enough is enough, but must write about it. Ok then back to Netaji - simply can't accept that he actually chose to live the rest of his life in hiding... truth is indeed stranger than fiction...

No comments: