Saturday, August 10, 2013

The festival called homecoming... :)

Oh homecoming is such a glorious feeling! The first thing to welcome and soothe my much tortured existence is the huge amount of greenery that takes your attention even from the flight window. Concrete jungle that Bangalore has become these days, even from within the clouds it looks a dull brownish grey. But as the terrain of Kolkata gets more and more vivid during the landing, my eyes feast on the wonderfully lush green panorama that unfurls. Love the new Kolkata airport as well. Makes me really really proud that even my city has a world class airport now (in fact I feel it is much larger and more gorgeous than BIA). Yes the weather is a big let down - the 29 degree Celsius would have been quite bearable had it not been for the humidity. Roads are not in a very good shape, there's too much water logging, but then at the same time there's too much construction going on as well.  If we are to take the benefits of a better infrastructure, little inconvenience has to be put up with. So finally fought with the traffic situation and the sweaty climate and reached home. And the joy of giving my parents and granny the gifts I had been accumulating for them even since my last visit to Bahrain (which was sometimes in May, and I didn't get an opportunity to visit them since then) - and the immense pleasure of having home made food (I simply can't stand outside food in Bangalore anymore, and I  simply can't think of cooking in the disheveled dirty kitchen of my flat - I just wanna flee) - you know what...such is my growing apathy towards the place - last night my bro prepared some khichdi at home (we had an early flight next morning, so were planning to keep dinner simple and retire sooner than usual) - and I puked it all out even before I had finished eating - kept puking till there was nothing else to come out - I just can't stay in that God forsaken place anymore - here I have this palatial place in Kolkata all for myself, and just for a little bit of money I have to keep slaving there and stay away from home and hearth - is not my definition of how to live life.

I need a lot of freshness to bring my life back on track. Bangalore personifies staleness these days - that is probably the primary reason of me being so pukish there. It is an ok thing for me to not be financially empowered for a while, dammit all, I have enough money stacked up in my bank to let me live lavishly for at least the next 5 years. If I maintain certain restraint and God is helpful, I can live my whole life on this money itself. I can't go to that sickly place every morning just to be paid some crappy salary at the end of the month. What about the people who stifle me? What about the atmosphere that numbs me down? Why on earth do I have to put up with such things? See, not that I have not tried, I never give up without trying. But now I feel and know that I don't need to force myself to keep trying all the while.

How rejuvenated I feel. I remembered to get my synthesizer home this time. In Bangalore, I hardly got an opportunity to play it ever. At home I happily learn tunes and play them again and again and swell with pride, what if they are mere nursery rhymes I am playing. Yes I do remember those hopeless days when I walked about the huge hall till 3 in the night and was almost mad with desperation - you see that suffering is hard to forget. But somehow it doesn't harm much, rather tells me that I have been immensely brave in combating this selfish world - and now I can afford to relax. Oh how I look forward to 5th of October - it is going to be my own sweet independence day.

No comments: