Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Microsoft magic...the rain...the ride home...

Ha ha...it made me dream. After a long long time. Some kind of romantic dream. As if...I'd get a job with them. As if as a result of that, I'll happen to meet a Barney Livingston working overnight...and returning home...tired after a night's work, only to find me as his new neighbor, and be charmed by my kajal stained eyes. Like Anand would have said, Pupu Ray you are enormously impossible...
Going back to Barney Livingston, don't think he would have approved if his Laura Castellano made her colleague post an alliance mail on the BB on her behalf, that too decreasing her age by 1 year. WOW. Such treachery Castellano...he'd have said. Was I dead or what? And what happened to your self confidence??? He'd have mocked. But as the situation stands, I am a loner. May be had a Barrney once, but can't even remember him now. Let alone look forward to what he'd have said.
Then again, I was outdoors and not in my gloomy 3rd floor cubicle, when the storm started. Leaves were fluttering. The wind becoming more whimsical...the sky darkening...and then it rained. Rained like before. And the bus took the flyover. After a long long time...time during which even the last few things went wrong. I listened to Shubha Mudgal's bold voice singing Laga Chunari Mein Daag...almost chanting about me to myself....as the bus sped...
the cold wind stung...the wheels made a fountain out of the water that had accumulated in the road...and I rediscovered life. This is the Bangalore I love. Where I can stay alone, in my own small flat, even if nothing good happens in my life. And yes, be contented with life and not complain. Something I can never achieve in Kolkata.
Is that what they call vibes...good vibes :) :)

No comments: