Thursday, April 22, 2010

Do you love someone without knowing that yourself?

I stayed up yesterday for a particular reason. Which is not difficult to guess. But ofcourse the staying up didn't yield its expected results. And trust me, that made me miserable. So I kept wondering as I suffered. And kept reading Doctors. Over and again. I had almost made up my mind to give this book to him and not "The Piano Teacher". This was the first book I had discussed with him. But why do I remember this now? Only because he had used the word "platonic"? I should recover from this desperation, as the fact remains that, having used the same word, though even Barney and Laura never knew their mind, they were something more to each other always. Not a single instance when they happened to hurt each other or had ego battles. Same was the story in "socha na ttha". They used to keep each other happy, never quarrel and never misunderstand. Now if I sit and think, I don't have a single friend about whom I think that way. I am bitching behind every one's back. Some or the other action/intention of everyone of my friends has caused me bitterness. No one is perfect, and perhaps I am a bit too critical. But one thing I can assure you, surest way to know if you really love someone, even against your knowledge, is when you mutually make each other happy. At least don't add to each other's already existing troubles.

No comments: