Friday, September 11, 2015

My diamond mania and its culmination!

So I probably got the diamond mania from my once upon a time great friend from the previous company. She used to wear lots of diamond rings - and it was with her that I went to a place called Gold City (I guess)  in Bahrain and bought my first diamond ring on an Akshay Tritiya day. I still remember, she had cautioned me against the probable ill effects of the stone ("diamond doesn't suit everyone") but it happened so that it suited me from day one - and I have never taken off whatever diamond jewelry I have bought since. It might sound very funny but wearing diamond and gold gives me a kind of comfort, I feel traditional, and...well, I might never get married to prove that to the world - but gold looks good on me.
And after piercing my nose what else would I buy myself except a diamond nose pin? And then... I couldn't wear it. It won't go in, nose would bleed and I'd be dead with worry (as usual I hadn't taken a tetanus injection and I didn't have any simple thing in gold to wear... for a week I have been going to the office with a neem stick in my nose). Neither could I decide what to do with this newest piece of diamond jewelry in my possession - I couldn't bear to keep it unused at home, and what alternative was there? Should I sell it off, or should I buy a similar piece and wear on my ears? Then what happens to my 1000+ fancy ear rings? Once I wear diamond, I don't take it off right? Ya you might laugh reading this now, or roll your eyes - but trust me, it was real trouble...
And this evening, God knows where from I got the sudden courage and determination... I was hell bent that I must wear it. So bleeding and pain notwithstanding - here I am...sporting it... :) finally...
In time for your birthday - must do something special no? The world might curse your birthday - for me your birthday seems like the world. Does it matter that you don't remember me? I shall always cherish that time pocket when we were together. It's ok...you have other things in your world and have forgotten me... Why should that prevent me from holding on to the memories of the person closest to my heart? So...happy birthday to you...happy dollhouse to me...
Ok, if you insist I can spare you this much :) কেমন লাগছে? ;) :)
And mind you my sweet...the pain seems absolutely worth, must look special, it's your birthday after all :D Ok so end of madness, must sleep now... 

No comments: