Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Diwali...

Life moves on...haltingly though, and I have nothing much to write. I get a smile on my face when I am forced to reflect, indeed, 33 is a very viable die-able age. The first Diwali I am spending with mom and dad in the last 8 years - and I don't feel much ecstatic. I miss my bro - I miss my humble Diwali celebration in Bangalore, it used to be the only day when I'd clean up the small place I have in my flat where I keep the idols of Gods, do a little bit of puja and prayers, lit the diyas and burst some crackers with my bro. At least that has been the routine in the last couple of years. When Anand used to be there, we'd celebrate Diwali in a much better way. The Diwali in Singapore was also very memorable.

These days memories keep coming back. Yesterday, ছোটমামা  visited us - met him after such a long long time. I clearly remembered my childhood days, when ছোটমামা was less of a guardian and more of a protective elder brother - glimpses came back of ছোটমামা doing his morning jog in speck less white shorts and T shirt, he making egg roll in the Durga Puja stall and he telling me not to wear lipstick till I get older (I used to steal and wear mom's red lipstick when I was a kid - now that I have grown up, I have no use for loud make up anymore). Well, time changes, ছোটমামা is now a bald headed man with white beard :( - me too would grow old like him sooner than later.

Yet to put my financials in place, but I have opted for some MIS (that's Monthly Income Scheme for people who don't know or don't need to worry about these things) - which should suffice as my pocket money. But is this what life is going to be from now till the end? I wonder. I had got an invitation for Australia tour - but I backtracked thinking about the expenses - and also because I have become lazy these days - being inside the four walls of my room gives me a kind of safety and stability - which makes the outside world seem even more alien.

Midnight, the "শব্দ বাজি" noise has died down, and this is all I remember. I log on to youtube and sink in the song. Why do I love it so much?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYbUhSxNZ0A

Happy Diwali in advance to one and all - God bless :)

No comments: